One Month Black Belt Club for $20 ($120 Value) This price includes 30 days of training for any age and the classes can be taken as often as you like. Uniform is included. Choice of Bentonville or Fayetteville location.
One Month Kick Boxing Classes for $20 ($120 Value) This includes 30 days of training, must be at least 13 years of age Classes may be taken as often as you like. Includes kick boxing gloves. Choice of Bentonville or Fayetteville location.
Like any martial art properly taught and properly practiced, Taekwondo is a nonagressive and ethical system of self-defense. Taekwondo developed from humble beginnings over 1,000 years ago and has since spread internationally to become one of the world's most successful and popular martial arts. Its practitioners enjoy physical and mental discipline, as well as excellent fitness and the ability to defend themselves if necessary.
Taekwondo is not only a combat sport, but is also a way of life for enthusiasts around the globe. The word Taekwondo itself is made up of three Chinese/Korean words: Tae, meaning to kick or jump; Kwon, meaning fist or hand; and Do, which means "the way." Loosely (if not literally), it can be thought of as "The Way of the Hand and Foot." Here are some benefits you can expect from training in Taekwondo:
• Fitness - The principles of Taekwondo techniques are based on the design of your body. For power you develop the larger, powerful muscles of the torso. The speed of the techniques comes from the fast, agile muscles of the arms and legs. As you progress in Taekwondo, you will learn to coordinate this speed and power, and develop a concentration to focus all of your body's strength into a small, hard striking surface like the edge of the hand or the heel of a foot.
• Self-Defense - When the speed and power developed through Taekwondo is used in a self-defense situation against the vulnerable parts of an attacker's body, the results can be incredible. Taekwondo allows a woman to emphasize many of her natural physical strengths, such as power in the legs, while learning a method of self-defense efficient against a much larger opponent. Knowing you can defend yourself, your confidence will grow. And confidence alone is usually enough to deter potential attackers.
• Self-Confidence - This does not come naturally for many people, but self-confidence can be developed over a period of time. Through Taekwondo, as you accomplish new goals, your confidence level increases. Taekwondo instills a sense of discipline and self-confidence that can carry over to all aspects of your life.
When a student learns Songahm Taekwondo, the focus of his or her training is not only on physical strength and growth, but also on important skills that will help lead to personal successes in life. These Life Skills will benefit students inside the classroom and beyond. After all, a healthy individual is characterized by a strong body and a strong mind so that you can attack any curve ball life throws your way. Each life skill taught through ATA curriculum is based on The Songahm Spirit of Taekwondo oath, a promise each student makes at the beginning and end of each ATA event to prepare them for what lies ahead. At the beginning of each event the oath is as follows: "Sir/Ma'am, I shall practice in the spirit of Taekwondo; with courtesy for fellow students, loyalty for my instructor and respect for my juniors and seniors, sir/ma'am" At the end of the event, the promise is targeted more for behavior outside of the do-jahng: "Sir/Ma'am, I shall live with perseverance in the spirit of Taekwondo; having honor for others, integrity for myself and self control in my actions, sir/ma'am" By promising to live by these monthly Life Skills, our students are dedicating themselves to a life of success!
Call for HOURS!
- Voucher(s) will be available for use the day after purchase
- One voucher per person, per class
- Not to be used with any other offer or promotion
- Must be at least 13 years old for kick boxing classes
- Not valid on monthly billing
- Offer expires 02/07/13
MUST HAVE PRINTED VOUCHERS.